Working in partnership with global healthcare organisations to strengthen pharmacy services
Our vision is to lead and develop the Pharmacy profession across the Commonwealth.
Our mission is to empower pharmacists to improve health and wellbeing throughout the Commonwealth.
Our goals are:
- Develop pharmacy workforce and build capacity through education and training
- Support pharmacists to strengthen healthcare systems through the safe and effective USE of medicines, prevention of disease and promotion of healthier lifestyles
- Advocate for improved ACCESS and QUALITY of medicines and vaccines by embedding pharmacists at all levels of medicines management
Our areas of work are
Capacity development and health systems strengthening
Key Areas of Focus
- Access to medicines and vaccines
- Non-communicable diseases: Diabetes, Cardiovascular disease, Cervical Cancer
- Communicable diseases: Antimicrobial Resistance, Malaria, Tuberculosis, HIV, Trachoma
- Supply chain management: Substandard and falsified medicinal products
- Pharmacy workforce development
- Sustainable pharmacy
The CPA invites global healthcare organisations who share our mission to partner with us. Contact us to start a conversation.
The CPA and Novartis strategic partnership
The strategic partnership between the CPA and Novartis is another step towards progressing our shared common goal of improving access to healthcare and ensuring the quality of medicines and vaccines for patients across the globe.
As a key player in the global health space, Novartis brings its experience and expertise across many disease areas to support this initiative, and the development and capability-building of pharmacists.
Get the latest
2023 Commonwealth Pharmacists Day – Your Pharmacist, Your Partner in Health About the Day Welcome to the official page for Commonwealth Pharmacists Day, celebrated every
Celebrating our achievements at the Antibiotic Guardian Awards 2023 The sixth Antibiotic Guardian Shared Learning and Awards event took place on the 2nd of May 2023
Recordings From The CPA-FIP Joint Webinar Series About The Webinars We are pleased share recordings from the webinars we hosted in partnership with The International
Launch of CPA-FIP Joint Webinar Series: AMS In Action About The Webinars We are pleased to announce that in partnership with The International Pharmaceutical Federation