Commonwealth Partnerships for Antimicrobial Stewardship Scheme
Working together to improve the detection and monitoring of resistant infections at the hospital level, taking measures to reduce infection and ensuring antibiotics’ effective use.
Call for applications is now open!
We are delighted to announce the call for applications for the Commonwealth Partnerships for Antimicrobial Stewardship (CwPAMS) programme!
Funded by the UK Department for Health and Social Care’s Fleming Fund and managed by THET and CPA, CwPAMS will see up to 12 commonwealth partnerships receive funding to tackle the growing challenge of antimicrobial resistance in Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
A total of £600,000 is available to partnerships, with projects expected to run from February 2019 to April 2020.
- Application deadline is midnight on 4th January 2019 and should be sent to email@example.com
- Grants are restricted to projects in Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia
- Grants are available for projects focussed on:
- Antimicrobial stewardship, including surveillance (AMS) – requirement;
- Antimicrobial pharmacy expertise and capacity – requirement;
- Infection Prevention Control (IPC)
- Grants are available for a period of 15 months, and should begin from 1st February 2019 onwards.
- All activity must be completed by 30th April 2020 with final reports due by 15th May 2020.
- There are two tiers of funding available:
- Category A. £10,000 – £30,000: for new partnerships
- Category B. £30,000 – £75,000: for established partnerships
To aid with the application process we are hosting a series of launch events across the UK, in Manchester, Belfast, Edinburgh, Cardiff and London, in the first week of November. These events are open to anyone who has been involved in, or would like to get involved in, a global health partnership, and who is interested in applying for a grant to improve antimicrobial stewardship in Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia.
The event is free and on a first come, first serve basis so do sign up ASAP. Tickets are limited so if you are no longer able to make it, we kindly request that you alert THET as soon as you can so we can re-issue the ticket. Reasonable travel reimbursement requests of up to £20 will be refunded on provision of receipts.
Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to the grants scheme and the Fleming Fund
- Overview of health partnerships and the principles that strengthen them
- Overview of the application process, including eligibility criteria
- Principles of project planning and monitoring & evaluation.
- Q&A and networking
We hope to engage multi-disciplinary teams, comprising various cadres including nurses, doctors and pharmacists, that have the requisite capacity and expertise to contribute to the goals of this programme.
Register for the webinar if you are unable to attend an event!
The webinar will be held from 10am – 12:30pm GMT on Friday 9th November. It is designed especially for LMIC partners to be able to attend. To join, please click on the link below 10 minutes before the session, or copy and paste it into your browser: https://zoom.us/j/595864087
Please note that the content covered will be the same in all launch events and the webinar. The webinar will also be recorded and made available for potential applicants until the application closing date.
THET strongly advises potential applicants to join one of these sessions, or access the recordings online if unable to attend.