Following the Colombo Declaration adopted at the conclusion of the 24th Triennial Conference of the Commonwealth Medical Association on the theme “Digital Health for Health and Wellbeing” held in Colombo in October 2016 and the Commonwealth Secretariat Policy Brief “Digital Systems for One Health: Global Health Security and Health Systems Strengthening in the Digital Era” adopted at the annual Commonwealth Health Ministers Meeting (CHMM)by 52 Ministers of Health in Geneva in May 2017, the 2nd Commonwealth Digital Health Conference & Awards (CDHC&A) held in Colombo 10-12 October, 2017 agreed a Call to Action that comprises a number of concrete deliverables toward The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) to held in London the week of April 16, 2018:
A High-Level event at CHOGM 2018 to launch the Commonwealth Institute for Digital Health (CWIDH)by Heads of Government of countries hosting the Institute’s Digital Health hubs in Africa, Asia, Caribbean and Americas, Europe, and the Pacific.
The launch will include the participation of the Commonwealth Secretariat and related Commonwealth organizations as well as civil society, private sector and United Nations partners. The following key initiatives of the CWIDH will be showcased at the launch:
Digital solutions for Pandemic and Natural Disaster Resilience and Response in Small Island Developing States (SIDS), with an initial focus across the Commonwealth Caribbean. Digital solutions for Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR) Resilience and Response.
Digital solutions to support polio eradication.
Digital solutions to improve maternal and child health (including nutrition).
• Delivery to CHOGM leaders the Report of the Independent Expert Panel on Global Health Security and the Digital Health Society: One Planetary Health (ONP) and Universal Health Coverage (UHC) 2030. The Independent Expert Panel will work in cooperation with the Commonwealth Secretariat, CWIDH, Global He@lth 2030 Innovation Task Force, Coalition for Pandemic Preparedness Innovation (CEPI), GSM Association (GSMA), Global Health Security Agenda(GHSA) Private Sector Roundtable, Global Partnership on Sustainable Development Data (GPSDD), Economic Council on Planetary Health, UHC Forum 2017 Tokyo, WHO-WBG UHC 2030 Secretariat, World Economic Forum (WEF), civil society, private sector and United Nations partners.
The follow-up consultations and side events for next steps and progress reports include:
• 4th High Level Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Ministerial Meeting and Private Sector Roundtable, Kampala, 25-27October, 2017
• Global Digital Health Forum, Washington DC, 4-6 December, 2017
• UHC Forum 2017, Tokyo, 13-14 December, 2017
• World Economic Forum, Davos-Klosters, 23-26 January, 2018
• GSMA Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, 26 February-1 March, 2018
• UK East Africa Health Summit, BMA, London, 22 March, 2018
• The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), London, 16-20 April, 2018
• Commonwealth Health Ministers Meeting (CHMM), Geneva, 20 May, 2018
• 71st World Health Assembly in Geneva, 21-25 May, 2018
• 73rd United Nations General Assembly in New York, 25-29 September, 2018
• 3rdCommonwealth Digital Health Conference & Awards in Colombo, Sri Lanka from 8-15 October, 2018 in conjunction with Digital Health Sri Lanka 2018, the General Assembly of the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA), the General Assembly of the Asia eHealth Information Network (AeHIN), the Biennial Conference of the Asia Pacific Association of Medical Informatics (APAMI), and Global Telehealth 2018.
See the Message from the Deputy Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Josephine Ojiambo, here at http://thecommonwealth.org/media/news/sri-lanka-showcases-medical-advancement
Contacts for Information:
Commonwealth Medical Association: Prof. Vajira H. W. Dissanayake [email@example.com]
Commonwealth Institute for Infrastructure Development: Anoop Singh [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Global He@lth 2030 Innovation Taskforce: Denis Gilhooly [email@example.com]
Commonwealth Medical Association: http://www.commonwealthdoctors.org
24th Triennial Conference of the Commonwealth Medical Association: http://www.cma2016.org
2nd Commonwealth Digital Health Conference and Awards: http://www.cmadhc.org
Commonwealth Health Hub: https://www.thecommonwealth-healthhub.net
Commonwealth Secretariat: http://thecommonwealth.org
Global He@lth 2030 Innovation Task Force: https://www.globalhealth2030.org