Winner of two Antibiotic Guardian Awards
Become an Antibiotic Guardian
The Commonwealth Pharmacists Association, in collaboration with our member organizations, has been working to increase awareness of AMR since July 2016 by widely publicizing through our networks the Antibiotic Guardian initiative that started in England to encourage people to commit to better use of antimicrobials.
Antibiotic Guardian Pledges are grounded in the behavior change theory, acting as a driver to improve behaviors around antibiotic prescribing and antibiotic use. Antibiotic Guardian encourages everyone to do something, whether we are healthcare professionals who can think twice before prescribing antibiotics, patients who can ensure that they take medicines correctly or members of the public that will commit to hand hygiene. It also invites animal health professionals like veterinarians and farmers to commit to responsible sue of antibiotics.
choose your pledge
Join other CPA members who have signed the pledge
Antibiotic Guardian Award Winners
Infection Prevention and Control: Makerere University School of Public Health
Additional CwPAMS shortlisted projects:
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in partnership with the University of Health and Allied Sciences and Ho Teaching Hospital enhancing pharmacists’ role to support the delivery of antimicrobial stewardship programmes in the Ho teaching hospital.
- Makerere University School of Public Health with their multidisciplinary project on Strengthening Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) in Wakiso district, Uganda.
- Gulu-Manchester link with their project to improve antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) practices and awareness of AMS in Gulu Regional Referral Hospital (GRRH) and St Marys Hospital Lacor (SML).
- Healthcare Improvement Scotland with their partnership with lead pharmacists in Ghana Police Hospital (GPH), Accra, and Keta Municipal Hospital (KMH), Volta Region, to support the development of antimicrobial stewardship.
- Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals, University Teaching Hospital – Lusaka, Brighton & Sussex Medical School, University of Zambia, University of Brighton, the University of Sussex with their project to improve AMS and infection prevention and control at University Teaching Hospitals, Lusaka, Zambia (UTH).
Get the latest
CHOGM Rwanda 2022 Leaders of Commonwealth countries meet every two years for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) The 2022 Commonwealth Heads of Government
The Commonwealth Pharmacists Association (CPA) and Novartis partner to support pharmacists About The Partnership London, United Kingdom (8th November 2021). The Commonwealth Pharmacists Association (CPA) and
World Antimicrobial Awareness Week 18 – 24 November World Antimicrobial Awareness Week Every year, World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WAAW) takes place between the 18th to
AMS Game tournament Join the AMS Game tournament which will take place on the 24th of November during World Antimicrobial Awareness Week Register to play