Winner of two Antibiotic Guardian Awards
Become an Antibiotic Guardian
The Commonwealth Pharmacists Association, in collaboration with our member organizations, has been working to increase awareness of AMR since July 2016 by widely publicizing through our networks the Antibiotic Guardian initiative that started in England to encourage people to commit to better use of antimicrobials.
Antibiotic Guardian Pledges are grounded in the behavior change theory, acting as a driver to improve behaviors around antibiotic prescribing and antibiotic use. Antibiotic Guardian encourages everyone to do something, whether we are healthcare professionals who can think twice before prescribing antibiotics, patients who can ensure that they take medicines correctly or members of the public that will commit to hand hygiene. It also invites animal health professionals like veterinarians and farmers to commit to responsible sue of antibiotics.
choose your pledge
Join other CPA members who have signed the pledge
Antibiotic Guardian Award Winners
Infection Prevention and Control: Makerere University School of Public Health
Additional CwPAMS shortlisted projects:
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in partnership with the University of Health and Allied Sciences and Ho Teaching Hospital enhancing pharmacists’ role to support the delivery of antimicrobial stewardship programmes in the Ho teaching hospital.
- Makerere University School of Public Health with their multidisciplinary project on Strengthening Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) in Wakiso district, Uganda.
- Gulu-Manchester link with their project to improve antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) practices and awareness of AMS in Gulu Regional Referral Hospital (GRRH) and St Marys Hospital Lacor (SML).
- Healthcare Improvement Scotland with their partnership with lead pharmacists in Ghana Police Hospital (GPH), Accra, and Keta Municipal Hospital (KMH), Volta Region, to support the development of antimicrobial stewardship.
- Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals, University Teaching Hospital – Lusaka, Brighton & Sussex Medical School, University of Zambia, University of Brighton, the University of Sussex with their project to improve AMS and infection prevention and control at University Teaching Hospitals, Lusaka, Zambia (UTH).
Get the latest
2023 Commonwealth Pharmacists Day – Your Pharmacist, Your Partner in Health About the Day Welcome to the official page for Commonwealth Pharmacists Day, celebrated every
Celebrating our achievements at the Antibiotic Guardian Awards 2023 The sixth Antibiotic Guardian Shared Learning and Awards event took place on the 2nd of May 2023
Recordings From The CPA-FIP Joint Webinar Series About The Webinars We are pleased share recordings from the webinars we hosted in partnership with The International
Launch of CPA-FIP Joint Webinar Series: AMS In Action About The Webinars We are pleased to announce that in partnership with The International Pharmaceutical Federation