Part of the CPA 40th Anniversary series of interactive meetings
To be held at the Bay Gardens Hotel, Castries, St Lucia on Wednesday, 11th August
The Commonwealth Pharmacists Association is celebrating its 40th Anniversary in 2010 and marking the occasion with a series of meetings.
The Commonwealth Pharmacists Association (CPA)
- has focused on the Role of the Pharmacist
- has focused on the Role of the Pharmacist in various healthcare settings over the years
- has knowledge of the adoption of a Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2006.
- CPA is therefore collaborating with the Caribbean Association of Pharmacists (CAP) in its America’s Region to hold an interactive meeting on Health Services to Support Persons with Disabilities on August 11, 2010 in Castries, St. Lucia.
Supported by the Commonwealth Foundation, CPA will hold at least two such meetings in other Regions as a highpoint of its 40th Anniversary.
- Communiqués developed will be used to inform the health policy agenda.
- Pharmacists and other members of the health care team, and stakeholders from NGOs for persons with disabilities are invited to participate.
This is a chance for you as pharmacists to have input into the communiqué that will not only enhance your role as pharmacists but lead to a better understanding of the health challenges faced by those living their daily lives with disability.
The meeting, lunch and refreshments is free to pharmacists and other members of the health team in the Americas Region and those pharmacists attending the 2010 CAP Conference.